Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Summit
The "Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Summit" is being organized by the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman (OPO) to increase the diversity of bidders on federal government contracts.
Now in its fifth year, this virtual Summit is designed to raise awareness of the public and private sector programs that can help small businesses and businesses led by Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized Canadians, women, Two-Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and additional sexually and gender diverse people (2SLGBTQI+) Canadians, persons with disabilities and other underrepresented groups access federal contracting opportunities.
Spanning 2 days, the Summit will:
- Connect you with representatives from the Government of Canada, supplier council programs, and others who can help your businesses
- Provide you with practical skills needed to win federal government contracts
April 4-5, 2023.
Free via Zoom (with other options to join). Simultaneous and sign language interpretation, as well as closed-captioning will be available.
Register here: Diversifying the Federal Supply Chain Virtual Summit
All times are in Eastern Standard Time.
Day 1 – April 4, 2023
- 11:00 am – 11:10 am—Thanksgiving address by Elder Mitchell from the Akwesasne Mohawk Nation
- 11:10 am – 11:20 am—Welcome by MC and opening remarks by Procurement Ombudsman
- 11:20 am – 11:40 am—Keynote address by The Right Honourable Adrienne Clarkson
- 11:40 am – 11:55 am—Recorded remarks by The Honourable Helena Jaczek, Minister of Public Services and Procurement Canada
- 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm—Lightening round by Government of Canada’s organizations on the various services offered to businesses across Canada
- 12:45 pm – 1:10 pm—Health break
- 1:10 pm – 2:20 pm—Update on Public Services and Procurement Canada’s policies and initiatives:
- Social procurement policy
- Accessible procurement
- Procurement Assistance Canada (PAC) Coaching services
- 2:20 pm – 3:15 pm—Panel discussion by supplier councils
- 3:30 pm – 4:10 pm—Concurrent Breakout sessions
- Breakout session 1—Funding for your business
- Breakout session 2—Security clearances
- 4:10 pm – 4:30 pm—Brief presentation by the Office of the Procurement Ombudsman
Day 2 – April 5, 2023
- 1:00 pm – 1:25 pm—Welcoming remarks by MC and Deputy Procurement Ombudsman
- 1:25 pm – 2:25 pm—Workshop: Procurement Assistance Canada—Doing Business with the Government of Canada
- 2:25 pm – 2:30 pm—Closing Remarks by Procurement Ombudsman and Closing prayer by Elder Mitchell from the Akwesasne Mohawk Nation
- 2:30 pm – 2:35 pm—Health break
- 2:35 pm – 4:00 pm—Speed mentoring sessions—Participating organizations:
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
- Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC)
- Groupe 3737
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED)
- Indigenous Services Canada (ISC)
- Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC)
- The Office of the Procurement Ombudsman (OPO)